We now have 3 more episodes till the end of the walk through all 88 episodes of SMK. So I’d like to do a shout out and give people who stop by here a chance to share their thoughts on what they’d like to see happen next for JWWM and the walk through SMK episodes.
I will eventually need to make a decision about what to do, and how I will do it – but I value your input and wish to give you all a chance to share your thoughts, ideas, and if you are comfortable explore the pros and cons of the different options. Here is a place for us to do it. Of course, if you wish to share your thoughts off the web, feel free to email me directly your ideas. All ideas and input are enthusiastically needed by me the blog’s administrator to figure out what’s next!!!!
A few ideas I have.. [I’ll set them out as numbered dot points to make it quick to refer to them in your comments]
- What do you think – do you want to do a second walk through all 88 episodes?? I.e. JWWM2.0?
- What are our options for what’s next?
- If we do JWWM2.0, I really value the comments on all episodes already shared on this blog by everyone (in JWWM1.0), I would like these to remain available to readers somehow.
- At the same time, I do not have the $$$ to keep the current content in place unchanged and just add another layer of content to the blog. I’ve ruled this option out, as storage costs for all the photos on this blog will make that unsustainable for me. I want this blog to be readable in 20 years time if someone wants to discover smk you know?
- I could delete all the photos currently on the blog and keep the write ups as they originally were published, along with the original comment…
- Or maybe I should delete the JWWM1.0 episode walk throughs to publish anew?
- If we do another walk through (JWWM2.0).. I would probably incorporate the originally published content (JWWM1.0) along with transcripts as I don’t have time to write new blog posts again from scratch. I’d like to add more detail to season 1 as the first walk didn’t go into these in as much detail as we could!
- Or is it better to start an episode with a new blog post -JWWM2.0 (utilising the originally published content, plus some changes/updates) and publish the original comments (JWWM1.0) on the episode as a post of it’s own?
- Maybe toward the end of the episode? This could reduce the storage issue too. but, it might mean previous comments won’t be part of the latest discussion so easily, maybe I can find a way around that.
- If we do JWWM2.0.. what do you prefer – short posts regularly? or longer posts less often?
- Would you be interested in JWWM doing a daily blog post that’s short?
- Do we stick with no jumping ahead like the current walk ended up shifting into?
- What order should we walk through the episodes in??
I did toy with starting a second blog for the second walk, but the $$ for storage problem isn’t solved by that as we like lots of images (of Lee in a tux.. of Lee and Amanda glances, of lip licking.. of bloopers.. of Francine nonsembles. you name it!)
I’m going to leave this post pinned to the top of the blog, till the walk through Season 4 is done. So no hurry, and have a think.. share your thoughts. Like I’ve said before – I will not delete any content from this blog without a warning so please don’t worry I will give you a heads up and time to keep your own copies of whatever okay?!
Be open and feel free to share what you think!!